Understanding the Master Spool
The "Master Spool" acts as the main accounting- and routing mechanism within the Spool Ecosystem. Aggregating all actions under one main contract ensures lower gas costs and higher efficiency.
These 3 contracts together form the Master Spool and they are responsible for:
- Central contract which all Vaults interact with
- Bookkeeping of all Vaults
- Central entry point of all deposits into any Vault
- Checking Strategy and Vault validity
- Maintaining the Strategy Registry
- Pausing the system in case of emergency
- Creating Vaults
- Adding and removing Strategies
The accounting mechanism also allows Spool to update user deposits and withdrawals without moving money on-chain via smart accounting. Which, again, lowers overall gas costs while using the Spool protocol. Additionally, the Master Spool also ensures the validity of all Strategies and Vaults.